Monday, April 18, 2011

Azazel, The Impudent Master Of Skulduggery, Beloved Prince Of Slaanesh

EDIT 26.4.2011
Azazel got some colour to his wings. The white wings got some critisism and I decided to repaint them in black and white pattern. Here's the result...


I published this piece also on the Finnish miniature wargaming forum Sotavasara.net and instantly got some great feedback, one of them being the critisism for the blank white wings. I took the hint and I must say, the difference is like between night and day! Now Azazel is bound much tighter to his brothers' colour scheme and the wings are much more life-like. Sometimes it's good thing to give the work to others to look at and pick up the hints they give to you, with of course keeping in mind where you're aiming with your work...

--


Rock and roll brothers, my Emperor's Children Daemon Prince, Azazel, is finally ready! It took me around a month of more and less intensive hobby time to finish him, and must say, I'm quite satisfied with the outcome. I tried couple of new (to me) tricks in here, like dripple effect with hair and gloss varnish, fading cloth freehand etc.

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Gorgeous is the word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks great and he reminds me of some old Slaanesh Fantasy art I saw once.

    I love the base, very very realistic looking with all the right elements. Falling leaves, skulls, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers guys! I'm still thinking whether or not to repaint the wings... They're a bit bland and could use either some more shading or something small and catchy, huge space after all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, love the pale scheme, though I think you may be right about a little more variation on the wings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you steve! This morning I was searching for solution what to do with the wings. I'll be redoing them and thought that using this kind of black and white pattern would bring 'em up in to life, wouldn't it? That colour scheme will also bind Azazel a bit better to the rest of the posse as now there's really not that much of black in him at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, wings are now repainted. Personally I think it was well worth it! Thanks to the fellow hobbyists (again) I was able to beat my laziness and take this piece back on the workbench. And Here's the outcome...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those new wings are 100 times better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Serious talent Sir!

    Army looks awesome already- can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Furinji and Tenzing! I'm pushing to get this band ready before Christmas ;)

    ReplyDelete